Wednesday, October 20, 2010

An angel on my shoulder


Well, we're off! I have left my parents' house in the capable hands of a company called "3 Nun's" to organize and ready the place for an estate sale this weekend! Wheee.

Today, I took it slow. As the first day off, officially, from worrying about the house and it's contents, I did laundry, catching up with my daughter's stuff and mine. Geez. Getting there. When I ran errands it was as if my parents' traveled with me. Everyone was super nice to me. And today - as well as yesterday - I was held up in traffic waiting for funeral lines passing in front of me. Today it was an especially long line of cars.

I went to the bank to deposit all the quarters that we got from busting the old plaster pig my aunt and uncle gave us years ago. My dad put only quarters in it. Do you know that when we cracked it open it held $50. Not $47.50 or $29.75... $50 even. The guy at the bank told me he could take them but that the quarters would need to be shipped to another location to be counted. In 2-3 days it would be credited to my account. Really? When I mentioned Coinstar the dude said..."or you can roll them. Here, I can help you"....so I stood at his window and we rolled the quarters. At flippin' Bank of America! That never happens. In the post office, a gentleman offered me his packing tape and helped me tape up my stuff. Sent some fun stuff to my friend, Ellen, that I found in my mother's den. I stopped in at "Bucks" to grab a coffee and when I got back in the car, CBC Radio played a piece and talked about how it had been written to accompany a nobleman "drinking his morning coffee.." (I kid you not) At the grocery store an older woman approached me to tell me how "beautiful" I was today. Truly! At all places that play music - stores, car radio, etc.. ALL playing hits of the past and all were my favorite songs.

Really...it was a little freaky. OKAY MOM! I get it...and you're welcome!

Nice to have a day relatively free of worry.

AND I had a yoga class this evening to make up the one I had to miss on Monday to work at my folks' house. And it's raining! Love to go to sleep hearing the rain.

Perhaps I should have bought a lottery ticket today!

And I love you both so very much. Thanks again, guys!

No comments: