Friday, July 1, 2011

July 4th


This is a great shot of Mal and I taken by my friend, Marci, on Memorial Day. Here we are, just days from the 2nd biggest summer holiday and I can't believe Summer is, once again, racing by. I think Shirley MacLaine said it best... We are all feeling like things are speeding up as we go into the once in a lifetime alignment of the planets.

Don't you feel it? Whew.

This Sunday - the 3rd - would have been my father's 90th birthday. What a shame he is not here to see it...but would he have been up to it? He often complained how things were a lot harder once he hit 80. (A fact my mother never accepted until she hit 80!) He made it to 84 before his body gave out. I sure miss him. He passed away on 04-05-06. Easy to remember, eh?

So here we are. Those left behind and struggling to stay in the stream without drowning in it. I hope you can see, in this picture, what keeps me afloat.

Happy 4th of July, y'all!

No comments: