Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday 13

When is a Friday NOT a TGIF? When you are a musician that works all weekend....;) Today is Friday the 13th.....run for the hills!!!

Dumb, dumb, dumb. I have this great black ("fluffy") cat named Amy..great luck. My Dad was a working musician who always left the house with $13 in his wallet...worked for him. I kinda like the number 13. You? I feel it's had a bad rap. Kinda like some swear words that can be very comforting in a stressful situation when you are not around others.

(The photo was shot within the American Cemetery in France to honor those that fell in the WW11 Normandy landings and just up from Omaha Beach. Okay...that is bad luck there for those buried there. Nice photo, Elise N.!!)

I digress. Friday of a rather uneventful week, for me. True, I am only working on one show instead of the two - March, it was - but it has been a little quiet. Last week was Holy Week coming on the heels of my student recitals and running between two locations/productions, heading up rehearsals. I long for time off and it seems that, when I have it, I have a hard time feeling "entitled" to it.

What was that, Tony Robbins? Right! I am repeating the "story" I tell myself. I need to create a new story to get to the next level of my life. Workin' on it, bub.

Maybe I am just a cat-like person with regards to relaxation. Just do it.

Hope your "13th" is groovy. And I'll throw the weekend in the deal as well...;)

No comments: