Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer work

Hi Everyone! Well, my daughter is out of school and the summer schedule has started. Whew! We are halfway into our first week of summer theatre camp and we are having a ball. We have 33 children ranging from 4th - 9th grades. We will finish out this week and next and perform next Friday with an hour and a half of material.

Steve and I are preparing for a concert this Sunday. We are the featured artists on a concert series at a local Catholic church. I am singing a piece that he has done before, written for voice and organ by Louis Vierne. It's called "Angelus" and it's divided into three sections - Au Matin, A Midi and Au Soir. They are in French and are a bit difficult but it's been a good challenge for me. Also on the program are pieces by Leonard Bernstein and Noel Coward. I will be singing my you-know-what off, for sure! I am also singing a piece I have not revisited in almost 25 years - The Audition Song from Die Fledermaus.

It will be fun. Hard but fun. Again, I climb back on the roller coaster!

I'm looking forward to some down time in July to tend to house and garden. Both need some work. Sigh.

How is the season going for you?

No comments: