Monday, July 7, 2008

Late night musing....

(Late night shot of the lovely Thames, taken by my significant other)


Summer....the end of schedules, as we know it. Weird. If I stay up past 1a.m. I am up for the duration. I get my second wind, my cats' eye. It's 1:47a.m.

It's quiet. My child is asleep. My husband is out of town and I feel a bit ...disconnected without him around. Going to bed without him next to me is....not restful, not soothing. Just sleep.

I've been on a late night marathon, these last two nights, of "Big Love" and "The L Word".

What a combo, eh?

I put Mal to sleep and then slip into this weird couple of shows that bear little resemblance to each other - except that they speak to worlds your average Joe doesn't relate to or know about. I find both fascinating.

I guess it's my Observer peeking out.

I've been on a heavy reading kick. Three biographies in the last two weeks. Kathleen Turner, Helen Mirren and Mary Martin. Novels too are cluttering my brain... At least 5 in the last 3 weeks time. It's like Summer hits and I just want to exit my world and enter someone else's space. I have really been ripping through. The last novel was called "The Memory Keepers' Daughter". Very good and very intense. The others.....I have no memory for titles ordinarily. I'll have to make a list of the ones I've been through. Throw in 2 of the Chronicles of Narnia and you get the picture.

What does this mean, do you suppose? I have time on my hands? Right now, yes. Am I avoiding all the gardening I need to do or the house cleaning or the prep. for some gig? Could be.

Who knows?

Song cue.

No comments: