Saturday, March 21, 2009

Hello World!

I am loving Facebook! I know I have harped on this in several entries... but I do! I love that folks from my past have searched me out! WOW! Cool! You wonder, at times, the impact on others lives. It's the "Wonderful Life" Syndrome. So true. There are faces that run through my mind on a regular basis and others that snap me to attention wondering..."Why did he/she come to mind? I haven't thought of him/her in XX years!

I sang at a funeral earlier in the week. I did not know the man who has passed but, after hearing those who loved him speak about him, it made me think that I had missed out on someone special. My mind then naturally went to what they will say at my funeral. Will I be surprised at who shows up and what they feel the need to say about me...? (Will I care at that point?)

I had a birthday, earlier this month. I consider that my real New Year. It's the often not celebrated Celia/Rose New Year and it falls every March 2nd. I have done some serious celebrating in the past several years. The Wine Tasting Lottery / Fire Ritual Howl Down Party has been a staple for the past 6 or 7 years and I have enjoyed them all. We didn't have one in 2007 because it was kinda close to our wedding date and this year...I don't know. I just didn't have the spark to do it. I guess there's just alot of negative here in Michigan and it's been a little harder to rise above it in the last several months. Sigh.

I will bring it back next year. Maybe it's time to do something different. Maybe a Mid Summers' Eve party...hmmmm? I like that.

Anyway, I am flattered to think that people are looking for me on FB. Thank you.

Next month will be the 2 year anniversary of my father's death. It's made me think about all those who have gone on before us. And WOW let's not even linger too long on the Natasha Richardson story - WHOA! Too sad.

Anyway, the point I want to make is that whole idea of living on in the hearts of your friends and family. Makes the bitter pill of death a teensy bit easier to swallow.

Who have you found on Facebook?

1 comment:

Stacie said...

I love facebook! it's great for my college friends, who are all journalists and therefore spread all over the country (currently worrying about their jobs, but I digress). I also am now 2.5 hours away from home myself for grad school, so it's good to keep up with all my friends.

I also am able to chat with my brother and his friends. My brother is currently serving in Iraq, and facebook is a good way for his friends to contact me for info and for me to keep in touch with my brother. :)