Monday, January 18, 2010

MLK Day


Interesting day.. First off - cool that we have finally recognized the content of Dr. King's character and we celebrate it by creating a holiday devoted to service!

Secondly - I did not celebrate in that way, this year. Obviously, I am in a memorial spirit. This process is still new to me and will take some time.

Mallie and I watched more of "A Concert for George" this morning - we had watched the bulk of it the night before. It is a loving and mighty memorial concert to the life and music of an amazing musician - George Harrison.

Later, we headed out to have tea with friends who are bi-racial. I don't usually refer to them this way but just as we were leaving the tea house my friend mentioned that we could all be thankful we could all be together there today.. Not so in our not so distant past.

Then Mallie and I went to see "The Princess and the Frog". Not giving anything away, there is a lovely moment when we see two stars in the sky that are linked with love and well...

Easy to see where my mind went.

So, for me , it was a day to remember friends, family and strangers that help pave the way for us daily.

Thank you, most sincerely.

No comments: