Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Today I know fully...


















Today is the day I have long been dreading. After months of preparation, my childhood home is no longer accessible to me. The locks have been changed and it has passed out of my hands. If you have been reading this adventure so far, you will know that this has been a long time coming. My mother passed away on 11/22/09. I have been cleaning out that house for 14 months and I was done on March 22nd. However, I still had the key that opened the door. I still had access to my old house. Today that changed. I am shocked to feel what I am feeling. Really? After all this time and I knew it was coming. Wow. Just goes to show how we are never really ready to say goodbye.

Yesterday I saw one of my idols on "Oprah". Shirley MacLaine has written alot about life, love and reincarnation. It was a reminder, as she said, that no one truly dies. I have always believed that and now I have to live it. The reality of it is harder to grasp when you miss those people so much. My parents, my friend Kim....all people that I can no longer see.

My parents' house is empty now. Completely. Here is the before and after..

Sorry about some of the duplicates... I can't seem to get them right so I will leave it be.

Here's a quote that has been rolling around me head...

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.


Amen.

Onward and upward.

1 comment:

ANna said...

Oh Rose, I feel for you... my tears are rolling. Thanks for sharing this. I would love to give you a big hug right now... and maybe some homemade pancakes...
I liked it when Joyce Meyers said; "if you aren't suffering you aren't growing."
I guess you are growing a lot. Me too~ I am reminded in that suffering to Thank Jesus for HIS constant care over me.
I am asking HIM to be your comfort, your peace, your courage, and strength at this time and always.
Blessings, ANna