Monday, May 20, 2013

Walking past the line

Okay....here's the deal. We all want to CHANGE something in our lives, right? We agonize over how the process will  start. There are so many obstacles. Can I follow through once I start? What if I fail...? That final thought stops the process and we go back to complaining about X and Y. Sound familiar?

Ending a bad relationship or marriage
Taking control of a messy, unorganized house
Speaking up and talking to that person you need to say something to
Making a budget and getting control over finances
Controlling your weight
Starting an exercise program

Yup, all these things are hard to get a handle on. How do you draw the line in the sand? Sand...why sand? It shifts constantly?

Or....do you wake up one morning and realize that, somehow, at some time, you walked over and past that line? You have pondered and "composted" the idea for awhile and now you are sick and tired of being sick and tired....yup. That old adage.

So...all weekend I have been hot flashing like crazy. Yikes. And it's not even summer yet. I am going to be miserable all season....all seasons! This is not changing. It is getting worse. I had a good 6 months off from this. Poof. Done! Cool! (Pun intended!) This Menopause stuff is a lark. HA! HO HO! I am finished with it all, free!

Right. Oh and the weight gain. Right. Tried South Beach. Loved it. Dropped 25 pounds. Gained it all back. WHAT? Crikey.

Today I am embarking on a whole new deal and I am going to work on blogging about this, every day, to keep on track with what I am doing. I really need to get a handle on this or spend another summer - year - of feeling miserable, wearing clothing sizes that I find whacked and not taking care of myself. That last one is the kicker. I have a wonderful family and I want to live into my 90s and THIS ain't the way to do it!

So...over the line I have gone. Hadn't planned to start this program today. Hadn't done the shopping, didn't have the foods in the house...etc. ALL CRAP. Old thinking. Not doing that.

Scrounged around and found enough to start off. Will go shopping later. Done. Started. Let's go. No more crap.

This morning I did have a small cup of coffee. A no-no according to the Fast Metabolism diet but it was my last hurrah. No Splenda...and little half and half.. Not good for the UNWIND portion of this phase. Tweaks the adrenals too much. Time for a café vaca.....ouch.

Strawberries for a snack. Not ready for breakfast
Breakfast: a cup and a half of wild rice and cut up strawberries. - low on the recommended fruit!
Lunch: Cantaloupe, brown rice and adzuki beans with some blood orange balsamic vinaigrette
Snack: An orange and snap peas
Dinner: Crockpot filled with cubed B/S chicken breast, wild rice, chicken broth, canned tomatoes, chopped onion, chopped mushroom, garlic, basil and oregano.

And we're off. In this program, Phase I  and Phase II are  two days and Phase III is three days.
I can do that. Mixes it up. Four week program. I'm gonna give it a whirl. You can do anything for a month, right? Maybe, I will love it.....  That's my hope because I need to probably do three rounds of this to get more comfortable in my skin.

And.....I'm off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. One more thing. I saw a man at church yesterday who is changing his life in a big way. He is the incredible shrinking man and he is looking great. It's a long, slow process and he has a ways to go but the empowerment you can see in his eyes. Exciting. Jumping on that bandwagon!



No comments: