Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Last Day of the Year.




Amazing stuff from my friend, Jay, who passed away less than 2 weeks later from a massive heart attack.

This has been an interesting year. A littler quieter than some and full of surprises....some bad and some not so bad.

Per usual, we are out at the lake and looking out over snow and ice. The outside thermometer reads 6 degrees. This Christmas Day I did a roast beast and Yorkshire pudding and the group of 10 loved it. We had a lovely time of it. I am always happiest when the house is full of family and friends.

Michele and I were able to see DHOOM 3 at the Star Southfield and loved it!!! What fun memories and yes, I did see both Mal and I several times!!!!!

Tonight will be cold out on Front Street watching that huge Cherry drop down and into a new year.

Friends and family will be swirling around me... Mum and Dad, Kimber and Jay among them.

The best we can wish for in 2014 is to do one better than 2013. Be a bit more kind, a bit more smart, a bit more aware and be a bit more open.

God bless us, everyone, and Happy New Year to you and yours.

No comments: