Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Bliss!

So much to tell about my recent trip to Northern California.... Sigh. Seeing old friends, old favorite places and finding so many new ones! Here I am at a wedding at a site called Point 16 near the town of Lucia about a half hour south of Big Sur. I am getting all my photos downloaded so I think I'll meander through my memories, as time permits.

I arrived on Thursday and had a pretty easy time of it. Michele met me and we went back to her apartment for a glass - or two - of champagne. Lovely Gloria Ferrer sparkling!
http://www.gloriaferrer.com/

We ended up going there later but I'm getting ahead of the story. We headed out to the beach - a 10 minute walk! Wow! It was a breathtakingly beautiful day and I was to have that kind of weather the whole time I was there. We stopped at a little Taquería
(sometimes anglicized to taquiria, is a Spanish word meaning taco shop. In some localities, however, it is used to refer to restaurants specializing in burritos, although tacos and other dishes are often served as well. Taquerías were originally street vendors.)

and had a great lunch/dinner. We talked and talked and talked about ...nothing! Because we could!

I had decided Mexican and Japanese would be the ideals for the duration. Friday we headed out to Sonoma and Glen Ellen, CA. Wine tasting!

No comments: