Monday, October 6, 2008

Blast from my past





This photo was taken some 25 years ago on the steps of my favorite house on Haight Street in San Francisco. I cannot believe I will have the chance to see it again at the end of the week. As you can see, I was overcome by its' beauty. The dumb thing is that, at the time, they were renovating it and I could have very easily poked my head in and spoken to whomever was there. I could maybe have seen the inside of this graceful, charming house but I was too young and meek to ask. Today, I would ask. That's the difference of twenty five years.

This other shot was another wish come true. The chance to see the "real" Rice a Roni sign - the San Francisco treat - on one of the trolleys. Cute, eh? Remember the commercial and the jingle?

Should be an interesting contrast to the city now and what I look like. Not to mention my friend, Michele. That's a picture of her. I've known her for...umm....31 years. Wow.

And my friend, Daryl. I will see him after about 25 years too. This will be a wild trip back in time. Can't wait!

1 comment:

LustingWanderluster said...

Have too much fun, Rose! If you could only harvest the eucalyptus air, bottle it and bring it home with you...