Thursday, April 10, 2008

OPENING NIGHT!

These are some of the kids in "BLAST FOR OUR PAST" that opens tonight. The Farmington Youth Theatre is celebrating 5 years with this variety show of numbers from the past 11 productions and summer theatre camp shows. Mallie is there in the front with the brown shirt. There are approx. 50+ kids in each of the two casts and they are having a ball, as you can see!

I am the Vocal Director and I stage manage as well which gives me a great view of the show! I am also IN the show this time around as we all have bits we are doing. I'm singing the verse of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" in memory of Alex and Sam Weinstein. I only hope I can keep singing!!!

Alex and Sam, I know you will be on stage with us tonight. We all miss you.

If you have kids and want to give them a wonderful experience I would suggest finding a theatre group. Ours is great but, chances are, most groups will have just as much to offer. It is a great training ground for so many things. My daughter has really blossomed because of all she has learned.

Off to the show! Here's hoping we "break a leg!"

No comments: