Thursday, April 24, 2008

Pre Opening Night

Well, we had a dress rehearsal last night, with show conditions, for "...Forum". We had about 30 folks in the audience. It went quite well. I have a feeling that this will really take off and we will be all sold out by the last half of the run.

It is really an amazing feeling to walk off the stage feeling like you nailed it. It really is the feeling of stepping off the roller coaster. And how many times have I told that analogy over the years???!!!!

You are A: glad you are still alive B: relieved you didn't puke on anyone and C: Damn! It sure was fun!

I've been getting a little flack about all the time I have invested in this effort. This is the first "free" community theatre show I have ever done. That being said, I would almost pay them for the privilege of working with some of these actors. Certainly there is no "weak link" in this show from the lead to the people with no lines at all. Everyone is very committed, dedicated and very talented. This has really fed my soul and taught me something about me as a performer.

Now, let's break a leg guys!

No comments: