Monday, May 26, 2008

Dirt under my nails

Happy Memorial Day everyone! Gee...are you supposed to say "happy..?" Never really understood that. Whatever.

I was on a mission of mercy today. My hubby and I rescued some peonies that were about to be euthanized! Friends are turning their loverly English garden into a veggie patch and everything must go! They have a long patch of gorgeous peonies and I just couldn't stand the thought of them being destroyed.

So we have just completed planting three large garbage bags full around our house. We would have taken more but for the room in the car!

My husband thinks I'm nuts, I'm sure. Sigh. If only I could have taken the whole lot...

Let's hope they don't look around and die right there in their new plots.

I also cooked some mean ribs, made a lovely chocolate/peanut butter pie and sat with my mother over Tetley tea.

A nice day, all in all.

'Nite.

No comments: