Sunday, May 4, 2008

Whoa Nellie! This is where I get off!

What a day! My in-laws travelled in on Friday and since they have been here they have

A: attended my show - a production of "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" - a sold-out performance I'd like to add.
B: been to a church service to hear their son play and their daughter-in-law sing.
C: attended a lecture given by said son on the music of Charles-Marie Widor and listened to him play the entire symphony that included the infamous "Toccata".
and D: watched their "new" granddaughter play in her first ever piano recital.

WHEW!

I think they are ready to head home tomorrow. They can't keep going at this pace!!

On to another subject under the clique heading of "one door closing and another opening..."

Several weeks ago I lost a friend to HIV/AIDS. I had lost track of him the last several years but he was in my heart because of many wonderful years we spent together making music and art together. When he passed I contacted some friends from that time in our lives - college days and such. Today I got to speak to an old friend of mine that I lost track of some 25 years ago! Blows my mind to think of it. This is someone who also remained in my heart all these years and I knew that - SOMEDAY - we would find each other again and say HEY BABE! WHAT THE F**K???

Love those meetings!

Since he lives on the west coast it will have to be a phone hug but I can't wait to find out how he's been doing the "life thang" all these years.

When I was a little girl I believed that I had a "Circle of Friends". If I thought about it hard enough I would say that it was a belief in reincarnation before I knew what it meant. I would meet someone and, occasionally, I would connect with them right away and know that they were part of the "circle".

Looking forward to talking and checking in on this circle pal.

Hey Daryl! WHAT THE F**K????

'Nite

No comments: