Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sigh...


This is a lovely spot called "Point 16" near Big Sur, California. I am really exited because I will be there next month with my best friend and a dear old friend who I have recently found after some 25 years. Found on the 'net...
  • According to a 2004 San Francisco Chronicle article, a location in Big Sur known as "Point 16" is the private property of Congressman Sam Farr (D-Carmel).
  • According to a 2004 Monterey County Weekly article, "Congressman Sam Farr's little patch, called Point 16" is "way down near the San Luis Obispo County line".
  • This is where my friend's friend is getting married and it looks like we will team up to sing together after all these years. And we'll get to camp. Really looking forward to hanging out in Northern California. It's been at least 25 years since I was in the area and I still remember how great it felt to be in close with the water, the redwoods, the cafes! My friend, Michele, and I will do some roaming around wine country and spent some time in said cafes, I would imagine.
I am feeling better today. I have really been sick with bronchitis. Diagnosed a week ago, I have been fighting allergic reactions to the medications since! Went back to the doctor who said I now had acute bronchial asthma. More drugs, more reactions. It's been at least 2 1/2 years since I was really sick and the meds I am on do NOT agree with me. I think too, that there is a metaphysical thang going on with me too. I feel as if the Universe is telling me...."you really need to slow down." I am into several projects, at present, and I think, what with my Mom and working and my house and my daughter and ...and...and... I am getting too stressed out and I need to withdraw alittle, ya know? Keep some of my energy for myself.

This trip to California will come at just the right time. Sigh.

'Nite.

1 comment:

LustingWanderluster said...

Have a wonderful time in CA, Rose. I'm envious! I so want to go back for a dose of that Eucalyptus air mixed with the smell of the ocean. "Californ-ee-a's the place I wanna be" and I hope to pack it up and move to Beverly (or San Luis Obispo, or San Fran, or San Diego, or....ANYWHERE CALIFORNIA!).