Thursday, November 13, 2008

Hi Elissa!


Just a little shout out to my pal. Here she is with her hubby, Les. These two people hold a special place in my heart. We met in college and Elissa became my roommate. When the idea was put forth that she would be a great addition to the small inner city flat I was renting, I initially thought.....??? We couldn't be more different! Really???? It turned out to be a moment of kismet in my life and I have been grateful for the suggestion ever since.

These two got together in college and have remained a wonderful example of the institution of marriage. I have always admired the commitment, respect and the love they show each other. I understand it hasn't been all roses for them but they have continued together, working as a team and growing as loving, kind individuals.

In the darker days of my life, they offered the opportunity to be a part of a loving, faith based family. The times we spent together - laughing over dinner, reading the day's bible portion , spending reflective (!!) time on the beach - have stayed with me over the years. Guys, you know how much that meant/means to me. They are fun loving, quietly crazy people and I love them both very much.

Thanks for 25+ years of friendship. I'm shooting for at least that many more!!


God bless you both.

No comments: