Friday, November 2, 2007

Today, I'd have to say "Not so good 'cause you're not here."


This is a photo of my dad. He died over a year and a half ago and today he is really in my thoughts. Don't know why. I just miss him. When I think of him I don't remember him as an 83 year old. Maybe more like in his 50's. Isn't it funny how some people are stuck in your mind at different ages in their lives? My friend Michele is in my mind as a 25 year old. My old boyfriend, Daryl, is stuck back in 1981. How do you see yourself? Every surprised when you see a recent photo?
Today I learned that a woman passed away of breast cancer. My friend George helped her in her last year and was there when she breathed her last. F##K Breast cancer! Glad she left so many people who will remember her. Sorry I never met her. She was 54.
Kiss those you love today. One day you'll only have memories and no face to kiss. Good thing we can make those we love live forever in our heads and hearts. My fondest memories of my dad will always be what he would say when I'd stop by to see him. I'd say "How are you?" and his reply was always "Better now that you're here."
Love you, Daddy-o

No comments: