Thursday, January 3, 2008

Phil and Steve and Me & My Girl

I hate that I cannot position photos where I want them!!!!!!!!

Sigh.......

(At the bottom of the page) Here we are, my darling gal and I. This was just before a performance of "Little Princess" - notice Mal's pin curls. And me, before I cut my hair! this was taken by a friend with a camera phone. Aren't those the coolest??







The holidays were a rush. Like in "rush around". We traveled to see my in-laws up north and that was great. My husband and I were concertizing and that made for a bit of craziness. We performed in a museum together - I sang and he did several pieces (on the theatre organ) and then accompanied two silent film shorts by Buster Keaton and Laurel & Hardy. We did two shows Saturday night and then had to drive back for our church jobs, turn around, and drive back up north. Whew! Luckily the weather was okay then but when we all came home on New Year's Day it was fierce! There was a foot or more on the ground and more snow falling steadily with near white out results. We did make it back in one piece but there were a few times we saw folks off in the ditch and it was kinda unnerving! Although we did not get the chance to see friends too much over the holidays we were able to connect with family and, this being the first set of holidays as a married woman, it meant alot to be able to do some "bonding". Mal and I even walked into town one day and went to a coffee house. We sat in front of the fire, sipping our hot drinks and then set off shopping together. We got some great exercise and some wonderful Mom/Daughter time in as well. Really great to be with those you love.





When we got back home there was more mail to go through and more Christmas letters to read as well. It made me realize that I had left out some info in my Christmas letter. I totally left out the show Steve and I did last February!





In the middle of "A Little Princess" and planning for our wedding we did the three person show "Oh Coward"! It's a wonderful review of Noel Coward music and readings from his shows. Google him and see what an amazing guy he was. An Englishman born at the turn of the century, he was most prolific and was quite the celebrity in the theatre and movie cirlces. He knew EVERYONE and was quite a raconteur. We did the show with my dear friend,Phil, who walked me down the aisle. That's him in the other photo, up in the choir loft with my honey.

Stephen did a tremendous job singing fairly difficult music and I fell in love with him all over again. He is a bass but did a great job on some of the tenor numbers as well. It was a great performance and it was great fun to "tread the boards" one more!

Now it's off to do the laundry and get the house un-holidayed - a bit at a time! I do so hate to see the tree go. Perhaps that can wait till the weekend!

I'm off like a prom dress!

2 comments:

LustingWanderluster said...

You can move pictures around. Just highlight the picture and copy it using 'control x.' The picture will disappear from where it was. Move your cursor to where you want it to go and click 'control v.' It is difficult to get the picture EXACTLY where you want it to go in relation to the type but it can get close. Hope this helps!

detroit dog said...

Hi. You can get the pic exactly where you want it. Just do the click and drag thing. It might move to between a sentence or something, but just click and drag again. Remember to space before or after your text so you have a bit more space between the pic and text.

When you first upload your pic, choose "center" so that your text will always be above or below the pic.

Good luck and happy 3 Kings Day.