Monday, December 3, 2007

I am still ME

What an amazing experience! I spent a good part of the weekend at a theatre festival. This was a statewide gathering of Thespian troupes. I saw several student main stage shows - a couple of them were amazing! I took four really good workshops on acting, the LeCoq 20 movements (more later on that!) and mime. I really loved it and got back to that part of myself that studied acting and that really was still a theatre geek!


I am a singer by profession but the lure of the theatre brings all of it together. I forgot how much I loved "the work". I miss it. I miss working with others who are really on top of their game. I work with lots of kids and adults who have fun doing theatre (which is cool!) but few who are willing to really do the required work to make something really happen. It may be time for me to go back and take some classes and play abit. This photo was my old resume headshot way back in the day.


This weekend I realized that this girl is still inside of me.

WHAT A RELIEF!!

2 comments:

detroit dog said...

Hey Rosie. Great photo! Great post, really. It's heartening to know that the "real" us is still in there all these years later.

(veronica)

LustingWanderluster said...

Isn't it true that there is a vision of ourselves that never changes? Mine is me when I was about 30. That is when I realized that the whole world was mine for the taking. And I still think it is.