Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Ladies of the Night ;)

I really think that our friends have become the new "extended family". Gone are the days that Aunt Mildred and Uncle Ernie lived next door and your sister and her family bought the house down the street and Mom and Dad lived with you. I am blessed with some amazing friends. I hope you too are so blessed. I have a group of women I call my Three A.M. Friends. These ladies are the ones I would elect to call with some dire need in the middle of the night. Two of them are in this photo below. And, of course, I would expect them to call me if they needed to hear a friendly voice in the wee hours. I lost my dad a year and a half ago and it was truly my friends who were there to keep me walking and talking. Them and my lovely husband. He wasn't my husband back then. I haven't even told you about him yet! One of my friends was/is on the west coast and couldn't be there but she and I burned up the phone lines something fierce and I knew she was there/here in spirit.


So here's to you, ladies of the night. The best kind. Thank you.

1 comment:

detroit dog said...

Hey Rose! Glad to see your blog. I'll be sure to check it out regularly.

-V.