Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Love of My Life

This is my husband. I love writing that word. You see, I was always sure I would be married and have children. My parents were married 60 years and were only parted by death. I took the dive once before with disastrous results - with one exception. My daughter. I had really given up on the idea. Then I met Stephen and I remembered all the warm fuzzy feelings that had been locked up and shoved under the attic beams. I never thought we would end up together. He was just the lovely thought in my head when the world was very dark for me. He is an amazing mixture of the old and new. He is also a wonderful stepfather and he is most certainly the best life partner for me. Yes, we do have some differences...think Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher. Bottom line, the chances of us making it to a 60th wedding anniversary are slim to nil but I'm going do the best I can to get close to it. I love him very much and I like him an awful lot too. That's the reason I said yes.

1 comment:

LustingWanderluster said...

Stephen looks warm and fuzzy, doesn't he? Hey, did he grow his facial hair again or is that an old pic?